Meals with family

There is no replacement for the connection of family. My lovely Aunt took my sister, cousin and I out to lunch at Inn Season in Royal Oak yesterday for a "bridal shower" because I should have one of those before I go. The things you say in the company of people with shared history, family history, are a bit different than what would be understood in mixed company. It's the lifetime family connections that seem to spawn those simple phrases or a look at a comment that can set the whole table laughing. We always get some nasty looks from others in a restaurant...but Yes. We do this at home too.
And the flannel PJs are fabu. No. I'm not posting a picture.

(There might be something to that Italian good luck charm given by an Italian...I received a call in the afternoon for a second showing on the house...Thanks!)


Ceoliac note: Inn Season has their menu marked with wheat free options, ask the server if those items are gluten free as well. Most of them can be made gluten free, but some can't.