Kangaroos - not a hoax!

"So, tell me, why haven't I seen any of you outside a park?"



Darrell suggested we do a touristy thing on my first Sunday afternoon in O so we wandered on down to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: http://www.koala.net/index.htm

I've now met a kangaroo or two. I'm still suspicious, but they appear to be real. These guys aren't too big though. I suspect as they allow small kids into the enclosure, they keep the large ones apart.


Here's a cute Wombat for Lisa!


Photobucket

And of course, the koalas. I passed on cuddling the koalas, they seem to be quite happy hanging around in their trees.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And we met some interesting local birds
A wedgetail hawk
Photobucket

barn owl
Photobucket

sea eagle
Photobucket

quack
Photobucket

Darrell has one of these purple flowered trees in the backyard, it's beginning to flower
Photobucket


So, my goal is to find all these critters in the wild and take pics of them there as well.